This is an interesting dessert that I really wanted to try out.
Since I’m brewing my own Kombucha, I get baby scobies keep growing. I wanted to make something delicious with it. Scoby is also probiotics!
Here is what I did!
<Scoby Pie Crust>
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Scoby puree
- 1 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3-5 Tbsp Honey
- 2 medium ripe Avocado
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil melted
- Lime zest for filling and garnishing
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until no longer chunky and coconut oil is blended. (Taste to make sure it is sweet enough)
- Press into a pie dish and place it in a freezer while making the filling.
- Rinse food processor and put 2 avocados. Blend thoroughly. Scrape down the sides.
- Add lime juice, half amount zest, honey, vanilla, and salt. Taste and adjust.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend well.
- Pour over pie crust and garnish with rest of the zest.
- Place in a fridge for a couple of hours.
Recipe inspired by: