I have been eating fewer carbohydrates for a really long time now. I don’t classify my diet as anything but it is leaning towards the Ketogenic or Carnivore diet.
And yet, I allow myself to eat honey such as manuka honey or raw honey, less refined forms of sugar such as coconut sugar, and “zero-calories” types of sweeteners such as monk fruit and stevia.
This is my favourite banana bread recipe that I finally settled on after trying a few different ones.
It is very moist and has the perfect sweetness! Enjoy!
- 3 Banana (with lots of black spots)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil or Grassfed butter (melted)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon powder
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 320 F. Lay a parchment paper in a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a glass bowl in the oven. (I do this while I’m heating up the oven to 320F).
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a larger bowl, mash bananas with a fork, add butter, honey, eggs, and the rest of the wet ingrediets, and whisk untill well combined.
- Add combined dry ingredients to wet and mix well with a spatula untill all the flours to be incorporated into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes untill a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (I check at 50 minutes and if a toothpick comes out clean, leave the loaf in the oven and turned it off, then wait for 5 minutes before taking it out.)
- Let the bread cool in a pan for 10 minutes. And then transfer it to a wire rack to finish cooling.