I have always loved this savory bread as it contains no carbs when I was going through dietary restrictions way harder than now.
This recipe is suitable for GAPS people but if you or your family is allergic to eggs, you can alternate them to ground flax or chia seeds. I was making mine with chia seeds and coconut oil as I was avoiding eggs and dairy.
- 6 eggs (organic, pastured)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (lard, chicken fat, beef fat) or coconut oil
- 2 cups crumbled cauliflower (put in a food processor till it’s crumbly. Lightly squeeze to drain extra water before measuring)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs picked and chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt or sea crystal salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the wet ingredients well in a bowel (first 4 ingredients above).
- Mix all the dry ingredients well in a separate bowl (rest of the ingredients above).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir till they are nicely combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan with parchment paper and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
- Bake in the oven (at 350 degrees) for an hour or till cooked through (stick a skewer).
If you like to alternate your eggs to ground flax or chia seeds, here is the conversion.
– Soak 6 Tbsp ground flax meal (or chia meal) in 1 cup of water. And rest.
If it’s too thick, add 1 Tbsp of water.